TELL ME DOCTOR, WHAT IS THIS AFFECTION?
– You’d like to discover the taste of real Sri Lankan cultures…
– You don’t mind sacrificing a bit of comfort to discover how people live in the Eastern Province…
– You’d like your children to learn carrom or play cricket with local children?
– You find drinking tea and chatting with your hosts in the garden a relaxing experience?
– You are ready to sometimes face unexpected situations and funny communication gaps?
– You are keen on going to the local temple guided by your hosts’ children?
– You are fond of tasting new cuisine, even though it is a bit tooooo spicy sometimes?
– One of your dreams is to know how to cook with firewood?
– And finally, you can’t wait anymore to meet your hosts’ cousins and grandmother?
Hmmm… Let me think a bit… with all these symptoms… Looks like you are ready for a homestay experience!
HOMESTAY, SWEET HOMESTAY!
Preferring spending time with local families to watching TV in a hotel room is “nothing wrong”! Would even say that it is “everything right”! After all, you are not coming to Sri Lanka to watch news on CNN, are you?
You have travelled to our Beautiful Island to explore, enjoy, discover, understand different cultures… So that is what it is.
At East N’ West on Board, we are developing a network of homestays, which means families having space at home and eagerness to welcome you.
Facilities are usually basic, but we can assure you a clean room with a proper bed, mosquito net and fan.
The rest is the magic of multicultural interaction.
According to your desires, the family can cook for – or with – you, pure Sri Lankan food or adapted dishes (even without chilly!!!) if you can not bear anymore that so-hot-and-spicy-food-that people-enjoy-here…
We are pretty sure the kids will keep you entertained, exercising their English and sometimes asking you support for their homework… and that you will go home with new friends in your hearts and unforgettable memories in your mind!
CONTRIBUTING TO THE LOCAL ECONOMY
While you enjoy chatting with your hosts and discovering their environment, don’t forget one thing! You are also providing them an income and stability that enables their children to grow safely and study further, without their parents migrating abroad because of the lack of local economic opportunities.
Thanks for this!
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you are tempted by the adventure of staying with a local family, please check our different homestays on this page, and fill the contact form at the bottom of the page to get complete information, availability and rates for the homestays you are interested in. We’ll try our best to answer your needs and find you a suitable place to enjoy our homestay, sweet homestay!